IT Security is a growing area of concern for many businesses. Regardless of where your organization is at the process, here’s some simple tips towards reducing your risk.
1. Protect Network Security and Information – Protect your network from attacks by installing end point protection with content filtering at the perimeter of your network.
2. Data Back-ups – Implement regular back-ups of important business data and information. Store back-ups off site in the cloud and regularly test your data back-ups.
3. User Management – Protect your networks from internal threats by setting up password-protected individual user accounts for each employee. Limit the use of portable storage devices, employee access to data, and authority to install software.
4. Update and Maintain Networks – Download and install software updates and patches for your operating systems and applications to ensure the secure configuration of all your systems.
5. Train Your Employees – Establish basic cyber security principles and educate your employees on security best practices. Be sure to include acceptable use of company equipment and proper internet browsing behavior.
6. Secure Your Networks – Secure your WiFi network and make sure it is hidden. Use and regularly update antivirus and anti-spyware software on all devices.
7. Proactive Monitoring – Constant monitoring of your networks allows your organization to spot unusual activity and apply the necessary protections to stop any data breaches or disruptions to your business.
8. Secure Mobile Working – Develop a mobile device plan and install encryption and mobile device management software on all mobile devices to protect data in transit from theft or external breaches.
9. Risk and Disaster Management – Establish a robust incident response and DR plan. Test and review the plan on a regular basis.
10. Be up to date – keep your software updated to the latest version available. Maintain your security settings to keeping your information safe by turning on automatic updates, and set your security software to run regular scans.
Warmest holiday wishes to our customers! During the holiday season more than ever, our thoughts turn gratefully to those who have made our progress possible. In this spirit, we at Precision Integrated Data, simply and sincerely want to Thank You all and wish you a wonder filled Holiday Season and the Happiest of New Years!
At Precision Integrated Data we offer scanning and imaging services to store your documents electronically. We can pick up your boxes and files and securely transfer them to our facility to scan, or scan on-site. We also offer records management and document shredding services. To learn more, contact us today at (561) 578-8440.